Wednesday 1 November 2017

Thing 4 - web tools for visual comms

 
For Thing 4 I used Quik.

I had never heard of this app when I downloaded it to my iPhone, but it will definitely be staying! It is very user friendly free video and photo editor created by GoPro, Inc.

Keeping it simple, I opted to create a 'story' of my walk that day using still images. The app let me add music and a theme, and upload it easily and quickly to my personal social media. Its on Instagram at rachel_gibb_ with the hashtags #rudai23 and #thing4 if you're familiar with the app at all. As I said, it is a simple first crack at using the app!

I like the app a lot, I'll definitely use it again, and I can see how it can be beneficial for use in business and education. The option to upload to social media, or send your creation to email is simple. Short punchy videos can be attention grabbing and perfect for plasma screens in public areas.

I've also discovered that it is time to create an Instagram account for my professional learning journey. I'll add this once I've created it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thing 6 Reflection

Thing 6 Reflection   Thing 3 – Reusable Image Banks – I used Pixabay Thing 4 – Communicating Visually – I used Quik Thing 5 ...